I decorated the mantel at least 3 weeks
ago, and although I was happy with it,
there just seemed to be something missing.
And, after much searching on Pinterest,
I felt I needed to a banner or
something like that to add the finishing
touch to it.
All I needed to purchase was this spool of
twine, which I got at the dollar store.
I then used my cricut to cut out these
great frames, which I inked green,
then I inked the computer
printouts of Christmas sheet music
with a Tim Holtz ink, and then, using
versamark ink and a black embossing
powder, spelt out the words,
"tis the season". After the initial
work was all done, I adhered each
letter to the back of a frame,
punched two small holes in the top
section of each frame and wove through
the twine, alternating between front
and back to give it some texture.
And, when all was said and done, it
was the exact perfect fit for the mantel.
And now I'm even more happy with how
the living room looks for the holidays.