Sunday, October 28, 2012

My first outdoor Halloween decorating

I have never been lucky enough to have a front yard to decorate
during the holidays, so when we moved in our new place back in
June, I knew I was going to enjoy Halloween because it would 
mean I could deck out the front yard and stoop with all fun,
spooky things for the trick or treater's to enjoy. 

Today was one of those days where, although it wasn't a
sunny day, at least it wasn't raining like it has been, so
I set out for a few hours of fun and decorating. I figured that
most of the decorations I have collected over the years 
would withstand our climate and after a few hours, I had
what I believe, to be an awesomely decorated yard.


I was so proud of my spooky creation, that I had
Tim snap a picture of me afterwards, just call me
the nice witch on the block, hehehe!!!



The tree just outside our yard allowed me to hang not only
spider webbing, but also some shrunken heads I've had
for a while that I found at the dollar store.


I lined our fence with a string of leaf garland, and then 
topped it with some rubber pumpkins that I had totally
forgotten I had got last year on clearance after Halloween.
Add a few plastic rats and mice, and you already feel
a bit eerie walking up to the front door.


And well, why not be greeted by a scary, gruesome head
just resting on the hedges at the front of the house.


Up at the front of the yard, there is a pirate graveyard, 
protected by the heads of said pirates, protecting their
kin from grave robbers and the like. 


Unfortunately, they didn't do a great job of protecting the
graves and most of the bones have just been scattered
around the site, making a great feeding site for the
cockroaches seen walking along the bones. 


The front stoop is a mixture of things,
with my hanging pirate, my headless
horseman and a bit of witch things, like
straw brooms, a hat and a cauldron
full of eyeballs, and fingers.


Beware the angry, scary black cat that
feels a bit threatened by strangers.


A close up of those pumpkins on the
fence line, they also look a bit questionable
as far as their personalities, as they look a
bit suspicious to me.

I so can't wait until Halloween night, I want
to see those little tricker treaters enjoying the
spooky house and feeling maybe a bit
scared at the same time. Oh the fun of this
special time of year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment