Sunday, August 21, 2011

Why I dislike grocery shopping


today was a smaller shopping day and I only went to Pricesmart and the farm market, and I still contributed my whole afternoon to the process. You see, not only is it the shopping I dislike, and the amount of money it takes to feed a family of four, but it's the coming home with it and getting it all put away. Today it took me 2 hours once I got home to be able to say I was done. See, I'm a bit OCD when it comes to my home and everything has a place, and it's no different with my cupboards and my fridge. So when I get home with groceries, it's also clean the cupboards and fridge/freezer out of stale or expired food, and then the reorganization starts again. And once all of that is done, it's time to wash all my produce etc before I can then get it into containers or ziplocs to be stored properly. As you can see by my photos, containers are big for me and by the time I'm done, I usually have a large pile of packaging that I need to get into recycle. Today, I just wanted to document my process, lol.


all clean and ready to be cut up or packaged for the fridge.


Cupboards have everything handy and ready to go, crackers and cookies into containers, granola bars etc handy to grab for lunches and even some breads and buns in ziplocs for extra freshness.



and this is how I would love my fridge to be always, but since I am the only one in the house that actually cares about everything in it's place, I usually have to reorganize it many times throughout the week. :(


Yup just a bit OCD :)







2 comments:

  1. it sucks how long it takes to get everything organized ... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is not news to me...as long as I have known you this has been an on going complaint lol...if it helps any...you have the neatest cupboards I have ever seen! lol :)

    ReplyDelete