Saturday, August 27, 2011

20 years ago today

I didn't know it would be my last day not being a mom...I didn't know you would be born the next day and change my world forever...20 years ago today, I was very pregnant, nervous about becoming a mom for the first time and not sure if I would have a clue what to do with you. One thing I knew for sure, was that you were going to be a girl, and that we would name you Amy Elizabeth :) I was nervous for the experience of childbirth and of the unknown land that lay ahead as you and I and daddy would stumble into familyhood one little step at a time. Fast forward 20 years, and yes, they do seem to have sped by in all reality, and here you and I are in this photo, mom and daughter, a love I had no idea I was capable of, nothing stronger then the overwhelming feeling of keeping you safe, keeping you by my side, just being able to hear and see you each and everyday, knowing that I will not only always have you as my daughter, but also as my friend. So on this last day of your teen years, I just want you to know, that although I may have made mistakes, done or said stupid things, and maybe caused you some grief along the way, there is no one in this world who will love you more, then me, because you are my girl, and you always will be xoxo





1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Amy!!
    (and to Jo and Tim too!) Hope your day is filled with family love. :)

    ReplyDelete