Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Holy Cardio batman



So in honor of summertime finally showing up, Tim

and I went out and bought bikes today. And we

went on a 5 mile ride to get ourselves ready for

many more outings. Now you have to understand

that I haven't ridden a bike in probably 10 years

and I am in now way in shape, that on top of my

asthma and it's a miracle I made it back to the

truck at all. We did all of our riding in Tynehead

Park and it was also our hottest day of the year

so far at 28 degrees, so I think I can get a break

for the few times I had to stop for a break and the

times I had to walk my bike up hills. I only had to

stop once to use my inhaler, so that was a plus.

And then there is Tim, who smokes, who just

went on his merry way, not really too hot, or too

tired and who patiently waited for me to catch up.

Like he said later, he's just happy to have me out on

a bike and on the trails with him, isn't he sweet.

Tomorrow we tackle Mud Bay, but first thing in the

morning, before it gets too hot.



No comments:

Post a Comment