Thursday, December 20, 2012

December Days - Day 19

Today I hosted my 2nd cookie swap in as many years. And it was with the same girls as last year, and with just as much fun, talking, tea drinking and cookie eating as last time. Nice when you can catch up so easily with friends you haven't seen is such a long time, reconnect and share a fun evening with laughs, warmth and love.

Getting to the cookie swap was pretty easy for me this year, especially since last year my oven was on the fritz and I had a heck of a time not burning cookies, and spent a good portion of prep day in tears...thankfully this year was a lot smoother, and my cookies turned out perfect, and that's with trying new recipe as well. Yay me!!!

I also had found pretty boxes and cellophane bags a few weeks ago when Amy and I had gone to Essential Packaging for a looksie, and both ended up leaving with exactly what we needed, and without overspending.


Loving the snowflake theme and satin ribbon.
Making cookies, I love that i have my silt pats and that it makes baking a breeze and not sticking cookies. This year, I once again made my White Chocolate Chip and Cranberry Cookies, which are always a hit, and tried a new recipe, thanks to finding the Andes Creme de Menthe chips when we visited the states last week.

Here is the links to both cookie recipes if you are interested in trying either of them:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/white-chocolate-and-cranberry-cookies/detail.aspx

Currently, the site for the Andes Creme de Menthe cookies is down, I will upload the link when it is back and running. For now, you can get the recipe by searching the above wording.


They cookies both baked up really nicely, and I doubled the Cranberry batch to get over 4 dozen, and the Andes recipe allowed for more the 4 dozen as well, perfect for a cookie swap or gift giving during the holiday.

White Chocolate and Cranberry cookies.

Andes Creme de Menthe Cookies.

After the cookies cooled, I bagged the cookies, by the dozen into the cellophane bags, tied with the ribbon, then put on of each kind of cookies into the gift boxes, which I then tied with ribbon and added my homemade gift tags. Ready for swapping.


I hand stamped the snowflakes onto the front of the tags, and then,
with my own handwriting, shock there, since I hate it, I added greetings
and names to the tags for each girl.


Just before the ladies arrived, I put out the gift boxed on the table, put out a platter for the sampling cookies, and got the tea out and ready for sipping. Lite some candles, and then waited somewhat patiently for the evening to begin.




My dear friend Erika, and her selection of cookies to bring home. Love all the
packaging that we had this year.

Alyssa is Erika's best friend, and someone I've had the pleasure of getting to
know over the years through her Stampin up clubs and with Erika.

I've known Alison just as long as Alyssa, and they are actually sister
in laws, but friends as well, and I'm thankful that we at least have once
a year to gather and stay connected. 

Me and all my wonderful cookies from my friends.

I am so thankful for this small, but good group of ladies, and their awesome homemade cookies and for
their company for one evening during the holidays. Once again, I think our evening was a great success.

No comments:

Post a Comment