Tuesday, June 21, 2011

27 years ago

I found my soulmate...did I know it then, heck no, would I have believed that at 16 I had found the boy that would become the man who would make me his wife, the mother of his children, the reason for which I would wake each and every day for, not a chance. What I saw was this cute guy going into the apartments pool every so often and I would see him from my friends window. And yes, on many occassions I would make sure me and that same friend would just happen to go into the pool just after him and his friend. And well, the rest they say is history. Wow, 27 years, that's a whole lifetime, yet sometimes it seems like just yesterday we met, fell in love and got married. But it was a long time ago, we are now the age my parents were, and my parents are now the age my grandmother's where when we met. Has it been easy, that's a big no, would I change things, yes, but not what you would think, I would change how I handled myself in certain circumstances, not the outcome or the learning experience or the ups and downs, because through all of that, it has taught me that love is strong, love can conquer all, and with the right person holding your hand and your heart, the world isn't so scary or hard to get through, it just means that those bumps and lumps are worth every scrape, every bruise, every tear, if in the end your are still hand in hand when the sun comes up again. All I know is that without him, there is no me, no wonderful daughters, no family, no home to come to each day, for without him, I would not be the person I am today. Thank you Tim, for being the only one for me, for holding me, for loving me, for putting up with me but mostly for cherishing me, like no one else can. I love you with all my heart from this day forward, for our past, our present and our wonderful future. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment