Monday, February 21, 2011

Running a business is a lot of work

Really, I know you are all thinking "well, duh!" but really, it's non stop, 24 hours a day. When you work for someone else, you get off at said time and you are done for the day usually. But now, with Tim, it's constant worry, about getting new work lined up, or balancing what's on the go. And for days like today and half of last week, it's sitting around while other trades hold you up. Sometimes it's driving around for hours or back and forth to find out things aren't ready like you were told, and then since one job is delayed, it sets you back for the others you also have on the go. For me, since I work with Tim all day long, it's the physical part but the mental when I get home because I need to be bookkeeper to all this madness as well. Never mind balancing the books as far as money out vs money coming in (and that is a big variable). But yes, with all this there are definate up sides too, like working with your spouse, getting the same time off as them, not having to worry about holiday plans or family needs.....and the hard work does go back into your own business, but sometimes, just sometimes I sure wish someone else was thinking about all this stuff and not me or him.

No comments:

Post a Comment